Your Information: When we refer to “Your Information”, we are referring to both your personal information, as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and customer information, which is protected by Part 13 of the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cth).
Credit Reporting Policy: This sets out how we manage your ‘credit information’ and ‘credit eligibility
information’ where this is relevant to you, and is our credit reporting policy for the purposes of Part IIIA of the Privacy Act.
The kinds of information we collect and hold Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect and hold a range of different information about you. This can include your name, date of birth, contact details (including address, email address, phone number or mobile telephone number), occupation, driver’s license number, username or password, financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) and information about how you use our products and services. This is not an exhaustive list. For example, we may sometimes need to collect additional information as part of a user authentication process, such as when you want to speak to one of our customer service personnel who need to access your account. You might also need to provide personal information about other individuals to us (e.g. about your authorized representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them about this statement.
How we collect Your Information We may collect Your Information in a number of ways, including:
· directly from you (such as where you provide information to us when you visit one of our stores or websites, complete an application form or agreement for one of our services, or contact us with a query or request)
· from third parties such as our related entities, business partners, credit reporting bodies (for more details see our Credit Reporting Policy below), wholesale or other customers, or your representatives
· from publicly available sources of information
· from our records of how you use your products or services
· when legally authorized or required to do so
· from third parties we list in the section of this Statement with the heading “When we disclose
Your Information” If you choose not to provide certain information about you, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we hold Your Information We may store Your Information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of Your Information and to protect it from unauthorized disclosures. While we take these steps to maintain the security of Your Information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard Your Information. We encourage you to read some of our helpful tips and hints on how to protect Your Information, available on our website.
How we use Your Information We may use Your Information for a range of different purposes, including:
· to verify your identity, or to conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud checking.
· to provide products and services to you, to provide you with information about these products and services, to assist you with the enquiries or purchases, to enhance your experience on our network, or to provide you with better customer service.
· to administer and manage the products and services we provide to you, to charge and bill you for them and to collect any amounts you may owe us.
· To monitor network use, quality and performance and to operate, maintain and develop, test and upgrade our systems and infrastructure
· as authorized or required by the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cth) and other laws applicable to us.
How we use Your Information for Direct Marketing We may also use Your Information so that we, our related entities, dealers and other business partners can promote and market products, services and special offers that we think will be of interest to you (which may include products, services and offers provided by a third party). This marketing may be carried out in a variety of ways (including by email, SMS/MMS, or social media or by customizing online content and displaying advertising on websites) and may continue after you cease acquiring any products or services from us until you opt-out by calling us.
When we disclose Your Information We may disclose Your Information to third parties who provide services to us, including organisations and contractors that assist us with the purposes for which we use Your Information. These services include:
· customer enquiries
· installation, maintenance and repair services
· mailing operations, billing and debt-recovery functions
· information technology and network services
· market research, marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services
We may also disclose Your Information:
· to your authorised representatives or advisers, or when you ask us to do so
· to credit reporting bodies and fraud checking agencies, and to credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing.
· Our dealers, our related entities or our business partners
· to other telecommunication and information service providers or to our wholesale or other customers from or through whom you may acquire products or services (For example, we may need to disclose Your Information for billing purposes)
· to the manager of the Integrated Public Number Database, and other organisations as required or authorised by law.
· to law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law
· to third parties who assist us to manage or develop our business or corporate strategies and functions, including our corporate risk and funding functions.
· for the purposes of facilitating or implementing a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business.
How to access or correct your personal information or make a privacy complaint If you wish to access any of your personal information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact us using the contact details set out in the How to contact us section of this Statement, so that we can consider and respond to your request. We may apply an administrative charge for providing access to your personal information in response to a request. You may also use these contact details to notify us of any privacy complaint you have against us, including if you think that we have failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) or any binding APP code that has been registered under the Privacy Act. We are committed to acknowledging your complaint in a prompt manner and will give you an estimated timeframe for when we will respond to your complaint. While we hope that we will be able to resolve any complaints you may have without needing to involve third parties, you may also be able to lodge a complaint with a relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) or the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (www.tio.com.au).
About this Statement This Statement has been issued by CCS Communications, effective 12 March 2014. From time to time we may need to change this Statement. If we do so, we will post the updated version on our Website, and it will apply to all of Your Information held by us at the time.
How to contact us If you have any questions in relation to this Statement or our management of Your Information please let us know by contacting us on 1300 798 401 or writing to us at email@example.com